Saturday, April 4, 2009

Final offer put in on Masters Lane

We've come up again on our offer for Masters Lane. We searched and searched and couldn't find anything that we thought would be somewhere we could live forever. I'm 37 years old and have never thought about living anywhere for more than 5 years, but we like the lot enough that I could see hanging out there for good long while.

We dropped $200 on a land appraisal, which came in at $150,000. Our offer is really close to that now, and who know where the bank's appraiser will come in. The owner of the land is difficult to get in touch with (no cel phone, no email, and I don't think he has an answering machine), but I'm hoping to have it under contract by the middle of the week.

We're going to go ahead and get our final construction drawings done, which will cost another $1500 I believe. I'm wishing I would have gone ahead and finished our 2008 tax returns at this point- I know we're do some money that would have helped pay for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment