Monday, August 2, 2010

Closing postponed. Homeless. Parents are awesome.

Our appraiser has had a difficult time appraising our home due to "the complexity of the property". Normally it takes under a week but he's quickly approaching two. It has thrown all of our plans into the trash. The builder, or more specifically the builder's bank won't let us move in until the closing is final, so we currently have nearly all of our belongings on a 26' Penske truck parked in my parents driveway. The dog is in the sunroom (barking his head off), the cats are on the third floor, and we don't know where our food is. To complicate matters, I've messed up my left foot with something called retrocalcaneal bursitis, and though my parents and LeAnne's parents worked their tails off to help us pack, I wasn't able to rest my foot enough to get it any better over the week.

Today is Monday and we're hoping the appraisal comes in today. If it does, we should be able to make a Friday closing barring any problems with the loan underwriting. At this point, I'm not counting on anything going right, but we are so ready to be in the house we're going insane. I'm trying to stay in bed and rest my foot enough for some healing.

We've thought of moving everything into a storage pod, putting a camper on the property, anything we could to get up to Hillsborough and get things started, but so far, a logical plan has escaped us.

No comments:

Post a Comment