Friday, July 16, 2010

So close... Closing in two weeks.

We are so close to being done, I can't stand it. The house is basically finished. The back porch has been screened in and looks really nice.
From Hillsborough_July14

I let the back screen door slam shut a couple of times and that sound was just so happy for me, I can't explain why.
From Hillsborough_July14

From Hillsborough_July14

I just sent a huge packet to the lender (MetLife) and am hoping everything goes well. Lenders are so tight these days about everything that I've been losing a little sleep for fear that there's been a giant mistake and there's no way they'll lend us money on this house. Until we close and sign the papers, I'm going to be a little nervous that it's not going to work. We have no realtor to hold our hand and tell us everything is going to be OK so we're just doing it on our own. Luckily for us, we have a wonderful builder (Gail and Rama) who are really proactive about letting us know about stuff.

I got our phone service, internet (hopefully) and TV (regretfully) hooked up. I was hoping to go no TV for awhile but their package bundling made the satellite service nearly free. Maybe one day we'll be TV free, once College Basketball and football no longer are played. Until then, I'm slave to the glowing flatscreen in our house. Our house is less than 15 miles from Duke and UNC so you can just smell college basketball in the air. It's impossible to escape, and that's a good thing for me.

Here are a couple of other pics if you're interested:
Hillsborough_July14

No comments:

Post a Comment