Monday, June 14, 2010

June update. Lots of stuff!

I got so depressed about the porches I stopped writing here. They were really bumming me out. I tried and tried to find a peace about them but I just couldn't do it. The good news- They're fixed! Yeah!!!!!!!!!
From Hillsborough_June10

Looks nice from inside the porch:
From Hillsborough_June10

The big problem, and this is the kind of stuff that happens I guess when you're building a house, and trying to communicate a million things to 12 different people- They went ahead and "railed" the back porch, with the old columns on there.
From Hillsborough_June10

I can't for the life of me figure out why they'd do that, but they did. And now taking them down is going to be a real huge pain. This took all of my "serenity now" sayings I could crank out for about 6 hours to try and not freak out about this. After much discussion with LeAnne we decided we couldn't live with the front and back porches looking so much different and begged them to change them all to match the front.

A huge bright spot- We love the fireplace. Couldn't be happier with it. And we got a bunch of leftover stone for something else, like a Wall! or an outside Fireplace!
From Hillsborough_June10

We also have painted walls and kitchen counters now. Everything looks really cool:
From Hillsborough_June10


Here's the full album if you're interested.
Hillsborough_June10

No comments:

Post a Comment